This is our specialty area. Two of our team members are Registered Onsite Wastewater Practitioners, enabling us to provide a full range of services.
We are committed to designing and installing septic systems that are safe, environmentally appropriate for the site, efficient and cost-effective. We service the communities of Qualicum, Parksville, Port Alberni, Nanoose Bay, Lantzville & Nanaimo.
SEPTIC SYSTEMS NEED TO BE LOOKED AFTER! Take time to review your maintenance plan for detailed information about your system. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Dave Bedard (250) 248 1416 email@example.com
Sam Bedard (250) 816 9141
BC’s Ministry of Health provides up to date information on policy, practice and legislation. The site includes information on:
• The Public Health Act
• The Sewerage System Regulation
• Sewerage System Standard Practice Manual
• Associations and Resources
For more information visit: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/protect/lup_onsite.html
The Regional District of Nanaimo (RDN) has developed workshops and information kits to help area residents better understand septic systems and how they work.
For more information visit: http://www.rdn.bc.ca/cms.asp?wpID=1159
The Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) receives and files Sewerage System Filings from Registered Onsite Wastewater Practitioners.
For more information visit: Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) http://www.viha.ca/
BCOSSA – BC On-Site Sewage Association
• BCOSSA is responsible in the Sewerage System Regulation for ensuring that all contractors have the appropriate education/experience and then recommends to ASTTBC (certifying body) those contractors that have appropriate education and experience for registration.
• BCOSSA offers education through the Westcoast Onsite Wastewater Training Centre (WOWTC).
• BCOSSA provides this education to all areas of the province.
For more information visit: http://www.bcossa.com/jv10/
ASTTBC – Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia
• ASTTBC registers individuals from a wide range of activities. Part of ASTTBC’s mandate is the maintenance of a high standard of practice and ethics.
• ASTTBC is named in the legislation and addresses the complaints/discipline part of regulating contractors.
• A practitioner registered with ASTTBC is held to the ASTTBC Code of Ethics and other by-laws, so if a complaint is made to ASTTBC regarding a registered practitioner, they can evaluate the merits of the complaint and investigate and discipline the registered practitioner, if necessary. For more information visit: http://www.asttbc.org/
Dave is a certified Registered Onsite Wastewater Practitioner - see the ASTTBC Technical Specialist Register: http://www.asttbc.org/registration/technical_specialists/ts_register.php?a=B